Askina Calgitrol AG Silver Alginate 10x10cm
Silver alginate dressings
Askina® Calgitrol® patented matrix formulation combines calcium alginate and silver alginate with 10% of bonded water. In contact with exudate, the alginate matrix forms a soft gel allowing the liberation of silver ions.
Askina® Calgitrol® Ag is a technologically advanced wound dressing that incorporates the barrier effectiveness of ionic silver with the absorption capabilities of calcium alginate and polyurethane foam.
- Highly efficient
- No activation needed: ready to use
- Immediately active – significant reduction of bacterial load within first 30 minutes
- Active against broad spectrum of microorganisms, including MRSA
- Sustainable antimicrobial effectiveness for up to 7 days
- Atraumatic removal
Infected or critically colonized, moderately to heavily exuding wounds: stage I-IV pressure ulcers, venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, 2nd degree burns, traumatic wounds and donor sites
- Should not be used on patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver
- Should not be used where the presence of metals is contraindicated
- Contraindicated for ulcers resulting from infection, such as tuberculosis, syphilis, or deep fungal infection, and for third degree burns
- Do not use if pack is damaged or opened
||Click here to request information on this product