S&N Algisite M Calcium Alginate Dressing 5cm x 5cm
Algisite* M is a calcium-alginate dressing which forms a soft, integral gel when it comes into contact with wound exudate. Excess wound exudate is absorbed in this process. Algisite M utilises the proven benefits of moist wound healing, which results in faster healing of even difficult wounds.
- Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibres.
- Minimal fibre shed construction.
- High integrity when wet.
- Soft and conformable.
Easy to remove
Conforms to wound contours
- When used in a moderate to highly exuding wound, the dressing forms a soft gel which does not adhere to the delicate healing tissues in the wound bed. The dressing can be easily lifted out of the wound in one piece, or irrigated with normal saline.
Minimal fibre shed
- Algisite M is very soft and conformable, allowing it to be moulded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes. As the fibres gel, an even more intimate contact with the wound is produced and maintained.
Moist wound environment
- All fibre based alginates release fibres when handled, however the advanced bonding technique employed in Algisite M greatly reduces the chance of this occurring.
- The production of a gel by the action of exudate on the alginate fibres creates a moist wound environment at the wound surface. This prevents eschar formation and promotes faster healing. A moist wound environment is associated with decreased pain. The dressing allows wound contraction to occur, which helps to reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
- In vitro studies have shown that Algisite M can absorb 10 times its own weight in exudate. This allows the dressing to remain in the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the nature of the wound.
||Click here to request information on this product